• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Alamo Precision Rifles / Maverick / 30-06

Shumba1

Have too many rifles that shoot great and not enough hunts at my age to shoot them all!

Alamo Precision Rifles Maverick in 30-06. Bought 2 years ago. Has 2 cow elk (285 yrds & 405 yrds) and a coyote to its credit. Both cow elk dropped where they stood. Haven't done much load work up because I quickly found loads that it liked with Hammer bullets and the only two powders I have tried in it (Ramshot Big Game and Hunter). Ran out of Hammer 166 grain, so tried using 168 grn Bergers with the exact same Hammer load (61.0 grains Hunter powder) and the Bergers shot great on the first try. It also shot a box of factory Remington 150 grain CoreLokts into super small groups when I used those to sight in the scope the first time.

Here is a link to the actual rifle from APR website. Only change I made was adding a front rail in place of the sling swivel studs.

- 24" K&P Barrel 1-10" twist, straight flutes with thread protector
-Defiance Tenacity action with 20 MOA rail
- AG Composites stock
- Trigger Tech Primary trigger
- Black Cerakote
- 7.6 lbs.

$2,800 plus shipping and insurance (bipod not included).

Please PM or email if interested.

Tim
[email protected]

IMG_8031.jpg

IMG_8027.jpg

IMG_8026.jpg

IMG_8030.jpg

IMG_8033.jpg

IMG_8034.jpg

IMG_8032.jpg

IMG_8036.jpg

IMG_8035.jpg

Last edited:
Located in Huntington Beach, CA 92649. Travel a lot to Salt Lake City and Denver for work.

Also found this target that I kept from May 2022 soon after getting the rifle. This is with 58.0 grains of Ramshot Big Game powder and the 150 grain Hammer Hunter bullets. When I switched to using the 154 Tipped Hammer Hunter bullets, I backed down 1 grain. That load shot just fine, so decided to stick with 57.0 grains of Big Game for 150 grain bullets.

This gun is not picky about loads!

IMG_8038.jpg

Was just in the safe and picked this rifle up again. Such a nice gun and it is starting to give me anxiety that it doesn't have a nice scope mounted on it. I'm afraid if it sits in my safe much longer I will not be able to keep myself from buying a new scope for it. Please, somebody buy it!

Recent Posts