Africa 2023

Check out some outfitters or attend outdoor shows. You'll find an African trip isn't as expensive as you might think. Often, cheaper than a guided hunt in the U.S. Airfare is the issue that increases the overall cost but what you spend will be worthwhile.
Thank you. I can't even afford a guided hunt in the U.S..

I will . Thank you.
My son and I are going to Limpopo for 5 days in late September on a plains game hunt. We have our choice of 3 animals out of five for a total of $4200. That does not include any tips or taxidermy fees. All meals, lodging, a PH, transportation to and from airport, etc are all included. We also have the option of adding other animals on a price per animal fee. Ala carte, if you will. We never imagined this could be done this inexpensively.

The Freedom Arms has a Burris 2 x 7 mounted with Leupold Dual Dovetail base and rings.

An Encore is a single shot pistol/rifle that was manufactured by Thompson Center. It is similar to their Contender, but is stronger and designed to handle higher pressures.

A 378 GNR is a wildcat cartridge. It is a 405 Winchester necked down to .375"
Thanks for the info.

My son and I are going to Limpopo for 5 days in late September on a plains game hunt. We have our choice of 3 animals out of five for a total of $4200. That does not include any tips or taxidermy fees. All meals, lodging, a PH, transportation to and from airport, etc are all included. We also have the option of adding other animals on a price per animal fee. Ala carte, if you will. We never imagined this could be done this inexpensively.
Is that apiece ? That's a pretty good deal ! About half of a guided elk hunt. I don't need guiding for elk, deer, lope or moose but that beats a bighorn guided hunt by less than half also .
Thanks for the good info .

Last edited:
Is that a piece ? That's a pretty good deal ! About half of a guided elk hunt. I don't need guiding for elk, deer, lope or moose but that beats a bighorn guided hunt by less than half also .
Thanks for the good info .
No, for both. It's $3250 for 1 hunter and $950 for the 2nd hunter. It's through Warthog Safaris.

We "won" our trip at an auction and saved about $1500 per person. Three animals over seven days. Airfare was double the hunt cost and double what my buddy paid for a first class ticket 18 months prior. His trip was pre-Covid and ours post-Covid.

Looks like an awesome trip. I am headed to the same region end of June. Any tips?
Just make double-sure all your firearms paperwork is in order. It's been awhile since I've been back, but trust NOBODY you don't personally know who is not affiliated with your outfitter. If things go well it will be an experience of a lifetime. Best of luck.

Thank you. I can't even afford a guided hunt in the U.S..

The Freedom Arms has a Burris 2 x 7 mounted with Leupold Dual Dovetail base and rings.

An Encore is a single shot pistol/rifle that was manufactured by Thompson Center. It is similar to their Contender, but is stronger and designed to handle higher pressures.

A 378 GNR is a wildcat cartridge. It is a 405 Winchester necked down to .375"
A Gary Reed Special, eh?