Adams arms delay

JJMoody

I have had parts on order for a piston gun from Adams Arms since October. Back then it was supposed to be a three week turnaround. Still no parts still no answers. Anyone else having problems with them?

gun stuff especially the good stuff is always late. be patient. It is worth the wait.

I just received a set of custom dies I ordered from Allen Precision back last Feb. I had forgotten about them. Nice Christmas present.

I have had a Satern cut rifle Grendel barrel ordered since last march. If it ever comes I will be happy.

I know you're right, but I wanna whine n moan about it some... I guess it always seems worse when you're told a timeline on something and you have an expectation that it's kept. They say 3 -3 1/2 weeks on something, turns into months. At the same time, they're sending me Christmas email promotions on complete rifles and kits. it would be like me getting a contract and paid in full to build someone's shop, telling them I'll get right on it, waiting through the winter and trying to sell them a house!

I got fedup with both Adams Arms and Syrac Ordnance regarding piston stuff. I went with Superlative Arms and never looked back. I actually much prefer it to the other two after getting hands on. Works great in my current builds. The guys at Rainier Arms also highly recommend this. Either however, are much lighter and better refined than the Adams.

Superlative Arms LLC – Superlative Arms LLC.

This looks like a nice, streamlined system. If I weren't already out the money on the Adams, I'd give this a good hard look. Aside from my boo-hooing about my parts not being here, i still want a great system. How do the superlative systems compare for function?

I have one on a pistol which is supposedly harder on guns than the other lengths. Amazed how clean it keeps everything. It comes with a small metal ring to guide the rod through the upper receiver if you have a forged/milspec receiver. Some folks early on that had many many thousands or rounds (3 gun setups) noticed the rod could start to oval the gas tube hole. They fixed it with that piece, and I've haven't hard much the way of issues sense. To be honest I never really looked for any reviews after I bought mine either. I really like it personally, and it's the same size as a standard low profile adjustable gas block. I'm a fan. I do more bolt gun stuff now than gas gun, but it immediately jumps out at you as a qualify piece of machining. The BCG it comes with is treated as well, and does great at repelling carbon. Maybe others will chime in. Raininer Arms told me the backstory and I wish I could remember, but it was something to the effect it was the same team that created and sold Adams arms. I could be wrong. Good luck!

Thanks again for the input. This is actually build number 2 for me, so I'm still wading through new waters with parts and components availability and timeframes. Guys in the know have obviously been dealing with this same thing for years. In retrospect, I should have asked around for other options in the piston market before I started, but Adams seemed like the 800lb gorilla by whom all others should be compared.

Got an email on Saturday informing me that the piston parts have shipped. 3 weeks turns into 2 1/2 months for turnaround. Sure hope I have something really positive to post shortly...gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.