Accuracy Nodes for 6.5 Creedmoor

Lpart

Just got my new rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor and wondering what you have found the accuracy nodes for this round to be for the 140 gr size bullets.

Just got my new rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor and wondering what you have found the accuracy nodes for this round to be for the 140 gr size bullets.

The nodes will depend on your rifle, barrel, powder, bullets, seating depth, etc. the only way to know for sure is to go to the reloading book and find a staring point. Try loading at least three rounds at or near the lower powder values and more three round lots increasing the charge by 0.5 grain increments up to at least the maximum charge. Shoot them and the results should tell you about where the nodes are and refine from there.

I'm shooting the Berger 130 grain AR's in my Ruger American Predator. I did some testing last week, when the weather was nice and found my accuracy nose to be at 43.1 grains of H4350. I loaded them all to standard 2.800 length and had good results with all however that 43.1 was the load that worked well.

If you look at a lot of loads you'll start to notice a nice one around 2700 FPS. Lot of folks get good accuracy around 2680 ~ 2710
Then there is the 2800 ~ 2900 crowd, but I don't go there, so don't really know...

This is my 6.5x47 at 2705fps with 143 ELD-X

My buddies creedmoor is in the same area, he shoots 140 ELD-M at 2710fps

Attachments

• DSC02865.JPG
    DSC02865.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 340
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.