96 stock for a yugo

bamadawg2009

Ok guys last question about the yugo. I know it has been mentioned but has anybody ever fit a mauser 96 stock to a Yugo48? The screw spacing is the same but the yugo is a large ring as opposed to the small ring 96. I really want a BC medalist for my build but I know the difference in the ring is .25 of an in. and I was wondering if i did fit it would the stock still be rigid enough to stand the abuse of a 300WSM. Or would it be better just to get a laminated boyds stock made specifically for the Yugo action?

Yep thats probably what Im going to do. I talked to B+C today and they said first of all it voids the warranty "REALLY?" but they also said nobody they are aware of besides Boyds makes a decent sporter stock for the gun. I had already made my mind up to go with a Boyds Prairie Hunter in pepper laminate if I couldn't find a synthetic for this build. I went with a Boyds on my 280AI last year and am very pleased with quality and look of that stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.