8mm-06

Jasper2017

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and have a question if anyone has a 8mm-06 that they have ever used Barnes 160gr TTSX ? I have looked high and low for some kind of reload data for this caliber and bullet and can't find nothing. I don't want you to give away your family secrets just some place to start, like powder, charge weight, etc. any help would be highly appreciated.

57 grains of Rl 19 is a good starting load. We used 760 also but I can't remember and don't have that written down.

Speer Loading Guide (#14) and the Accurate powder guide both have 8mm-06 load data included in their publications. Not quite the same thing, but I have used the Barnes 160 gr. in a .338-06 with devastating results on a handfull of whitetails. BL-C(2) was my powder of choice, and gave me nearly 100fps more velocity over any of the other powder choices I had at the time. Looking at the Speer guide under the 8mm-06, it appears this is true for this cartridge too. (At least for the 150 grain and the 170 grain lead core bullets they have listed.) Hope this is helpful!

It's in the Nosler reloading manual too. Just data for their 180 and 200 grain bullets though.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.