7mm STW and vv n570

cooper669

Does anyone have any load data using this combination? I'm trying to work up some loads using Berger 168gr vld. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
I've no experience loading for the 7mmSTW. I modeled the 168g Berger/7mmSTW in QuickLOAD, had it develope a load map, and took a look just for fun. QL says 73.0g of N560 is a max load. I'd back off, load one round at 70, and in half grain increments up to 73.5 and watch for pressure signs. Pull the rest of the bullets if you see signs and go at it from there.

FWIW: QL also predicts slightly more MV with Retumbo, H870, and the most MV with N570.

Fitch

Thanks for your help, I will start there. I'll post the results

I misread your first post. I read it as you wanting to try N560. You were asking about N570. The max load for N570 is 82.2g - I'd back off to 79g and work up from there. N570 is a better powder for that bullet cartridge combination than N560.

Fitch

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.