7mm Rem Mag Relaoding ?'s

My 180 grain VLD load is 70 grains of Retumbo loaded at 3.430 OAL at 3060 out of a 28" Pac Nor and it is not compressed at all.

Pick up an Innovative Technologies Belted Magnum Collet Resizing Die. You'll get more loads, with less problems, than you thought possible in a belted magnum. I wish that I had discovered this years ago.
I've had really good luck with Reloader 22 behind 175gr boat tails. .

my load is 73.5gr of H1000 under barnes TTSX 150gr bullets @ 3.380" lit with federal 215s. i dont have a chrono but i'm using 3240 fps in my shooter app and it match's perfectly out to 800 yards so it must be very close. also this is out of the factory 24" tube on a vanguard.

Thanks for the info. I have read 7828 is temperamental so I was a little concerned. I will try Retumbo and H1000. Berger stated the fill ratio to be 104.7% for Retumbo and 100.1% for H1000 with Quick Load data. I would like to stay away from compressed loads as I have had issues with them in the past.
I use 7828 in mine from 5 deg F to over 90 deg. I have had very consistant groups. And no pressure spikes. But my gun is not yours:D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.