7mm Practical +P

Dirtrax

Just as this whole covid 19 thing was ramping up I decided it was time to act. I had been unhappy with the restrictions of the .130" throat inherent in the original reamer so I gave Shawn at Defensive Edge a call regarding his +P throat. The first thing I will mention is the excellent communication I experienced. An email written is a guarantee of a response and a call made is answered or returned promptly. So I asked Shawn if I could accomplish my goals with his proprietary throat and he assured me it would help me get where I wanted to go. I removed my barrel (remage) and headed north per the agreed time and day. An hour and a half later I was stepping in the door of his clean, organized shop. I handed the barrel over with a request that it be reamed .050" forward. I was expecting to leave and get a call when it was done. "So you drove up here this morning" he asked? "Yep". "Can you come back in an hour"? "Yep". An hour later I had a newly throated +P barrel in my hand and headed home. I didn't expect this nor would I again, sometimes things just work out. Shawn had previously quoted a 2 week turnaround which I was more than happy with. Upon my return home there was some measurements to make like getting my headspace set, CBTO, etc. The next day I took advantage of a brief spell of decent weather. The wind was blowing too hard to set the pro chrono up so I went looking for my new max charge. The first 3 shots landed in a .3" cluster @100yds. I have since moved up from there for a total of 1.5grs for my max charge. I know it will disappoint some that I still don't have chrono data but the weather and work have made that impossible. Not all of us are on quarantine. I'm writing this now as it's raining too hard to do much else. I'll add fps numbers when the weather turns.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.