7 SS with 195 Berger

dirtytough

I'm going to try out the 195 Berger in my 7 SS. It's a 26" Bart 1-8 on a Tikka. I have H1000, IMR 7977, N565, and RL 26. I'm using Norma brass since it's still holding up. Was planning to continue using BR 2 primers.

My wife has an oryx hunt in September on the WSMR so I'm thinking of staying away from the RL 26. I haven't seen anything negative with temp sensitivity myself but I've only shot it up to 85 degrees. I have found a few loads online for the 195 with RL 26 but nothing with the other 3 powders.

I'm really curious about the N565. I would try N570 but I don't have any. Anyone try any of those 3 powders with the 195 in a 7 SS or have an opinion on where to start?

The local store does have Ramshot Magnum also which might work. I don't hear much about that but I know it's close on burn rate to the others mentioned. My brother got great accuracy and velocity out of his 6.5-06ai with it.
Regards, Branden

I was going thru some older posts and you were wondering about N565 I use it with my 300 RUM with 220 ELD-x with excellent results. Don't be afraid of it easy to work up loads with and meters much nicer than N570! Hope things worked out for ya! 👍

Recent Posts