7 prc with light bullets? shortened freebore?

stazmania

Easy there don't get your dander up. I know this is not the designers aim for this round. First ? has anyone tried 140 or 150 maybe even lighter bullets in the 7 prc? ? # 2, what where your results, accuracy, speed, recoil? include barrel length and bullet jump to the lands if you know. ? # 3 with your sammi reamer 7 prc chamber how far are you off of the lands with the factory offering and if you are reloading how far off of the lands does you rifle shoot best? Thanks for any input. I am looking hard at this round, not that I need it but for fun. If it will shoot shorter, lighter, and lower BC bullets well with the sammi free bore it would make it a lot more versatile and fun to play with.

I'd run a Sammi reamer and you can still shoot factory ammo, heavy, and lighter bullets. All my long range magnums are able to shoot light bullets well in long throats. Although my heavy for caliber long range loads would be fine for all ranges. Light and fast out of magnums has its own appeals for short to mid range hunting a few being less drop and shorter TOF.

Easy there don't get your dander up. I know this is not the designers aim for this round. First ? has anyone tried 140 or 150 maybe even lighter bullets in the 7 prc? ? # 2, what where your results, accuracy, speed, recoil? include barrel length and bullet jump to the lands if you know. ? # 3 with your sammi reamer 7 prc chamber how far are you off of the lands with the factory offering and if you are reloading how far off of the lands does you rifle shoot best? Thanks for any input. I am looking hard at this round, not that I need it but for fun. If it will shoot shorter, lighter, and lower BC bullets well with the sammi free bore it would make it a lot more versatile and fun to play with.
IMG_5414.jpeg

Nice rifle. That is a jump. I am going to pick up my action/donor rifle today. I have the stock, and bottom metal is on the way. The barrel is coming the middle of next month. Barrel is a #3 sporter contour 5r 8 twist 29" bartlien. A local smith/builder has the reamer that deals with the potential clicker problem. My nephew took his new custom out to break it in, Pierce titanium, proof, $1800 folding carbon chassis. Hornady factory 175 X's 180 M both shot in 1 hole/well under 1/2 moa @ 100yds. He is going to take it out to distance and see which cartridge preforms best. Oh yeah and his scope is a NX8 4x32.

My 7 PRC is done, had a Bartlein #3 8 twist spun on a Nanook action, barrel length is 21". I plan to use a TBAC Dominus or Ultra 7 on it.
After I shoot 100 or so factory rounds I intend to reload for it with some Lapua 150 grain scenars to see what it can do.
Will report back after I manage to get all that done....

Looking for 162 eld match and 162 Bergers to try

I heard of some locals having good luck with and really liking the 162 eld m, both velocity and long range accuracy, I am still hoping to hear about 140 - 150 grainers and anyone trying staball HD? And even custom reamer results?