6mm Remington and 58 grain Hornady Vmax

KzDurango

Hi guys was curious if anyone had a pet load for the 6mm Remington and Hornady 58 grain Vmax . ? I've tested everything from 45 to 47 grains of Varget and not getting a repeatable load .

Seems like a pretty fast burn rate for the capacity on the 6 rem even with the lightweight bullet. I have a 6mm Ackley but have never tried lightweight bullets in it. I'd go to a different powder.

I think what you are seeing here is that your rifle does not lake varget, you might be trying to push it to hard, if it were me, I'd drop the charge to 43 and 44 grs, or try a couple of different primers, that can make a big difference, if that does not get you acceptable results I'd abandon that powder and try something that burns a little faster and at the same time something a slower as well, see if one or the other offers a improvement,

I just finished up a load for my 243 win and 58gr vmax cfe223 could give that a try.

Attachments

• IMG_1936.jpeg
    IMG_1936.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 19
I've used 50.0 W-760 in a .243 Win, WLR primer and the 58 VMax for 23 years on coyotes here.

W-760 and the 58 VMax may be a great combo in the 6mm for you.

Recent Posts