6.5x280AI

stel67

I am working on loads for my 6.5 This gun was originally a 6.5x06, long story short I put another barrel on it chambered for 6.5x280AI It is a proof carbon sendero light 1x7.5 twist shooting 143 eld-x

I used RL 23 when it was a 6.5x06 and ended up at 54.5 grains for my load. I can not remember at what charge weight it showed pressure.
My question is, what would you guys recommend for starting charge weights for the new 6.5x280AI?
Right now I have loaded up 10 rounds starting at 54.5 and ending at 57 does this sound about right or am I a little low on the charge weights?

Thanks
Mike

I've never loaded for that but I would start with a load under max for your 6.5-06, looks like you should be in good shape working up slowly from there.
Exactly as codym says.
I've had a 6.5-06 but never loaded your powder. Having loaded for several A.I.s, however always start at the low end of the parent load.
If you had re-chambered your old barrel your thoughts on loads would make sense but with your new barrel safety says you should start all over at the bottom.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.