6.5 saum help with load data

jwing

Has any of you guys played with this round? Was going to load 130 to 142 bullets.

Hoping to find some load data.

for some reason when I search the forum's on this website it never provides any results, no matter how generic I make it. I had started one thread like this about 6 months ago when I got the gun.

However, I'll get some of my data for you tonight or tomorrow and get it posted.

I had the best luck with the 130 AccuBond and H4831sc with about 0.001 jump to the lands. The 142 SMK didn't group as well. I've finally got some 140 Berger's to try but haven't had time to load any yet. The 130's were just over 3200 MV and the 142's were around 2950.

Like I said, I'll look for the powder charge tonight and get it to you.

That will nice to have a starting point. Hoping to have it going with in a month or so. I will share my results with you to.

Thanks Jason

Jason,

Got some time to do some shooting tomorrow with a good friend. Hopefully we will have time to load the 140's and I will have some load data to share with you on that as well.

Anyway....

Like I said 0.001 off the lands with the 130 Accubond gave sub 1/2 moa groups at 3175-3210 fps with 54.0 and 54.5 gr of 4831 sc and Fed210primers. I would give you the COAL but I measured with a Hornady ogive tool, so it wouldn't be accurate for you.

Good luck. Let me know how you make out.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts