53 grain Vmax out of new Rem 700P

okangshooter

CIMG2844.jpg

I think that this will do the trick. I dont have a cleaning rod(only bore snake) to check the rate of twist. I thought Rem 700P's were 1/9.

It shot 55 gr Fed fmjs like crap. 1.5+ at 100, military green tip even worse.

These 53 grain Vmax bullets grouped awesomely! This is with a factory stock, Simmons 44 mag scope, and no accuracy work.:D

Stock has a crack at top of butt stock by the recoil pad screw. Store said they would order me another one. May or may not bed it when I get the new one. Barrel is not free floated, rifle does not have the HS precision stock either. Green plastic with black grips. Anyone seen one like this?

I'm shooting the 53 Vmax out of my .223ai with a Hart 1-9tw and with the fireforming loads they shot a .112 3 shot group. I don't have my .223AI dies yet so I haven't shot any in my formed cases.

I shot 2 coyotes with these 53Vmax this past Wed. and they work awesome on yotes.

It appears that someone put a SPS stock on this rifle. Is the only diffference in the 700P and the 700SPS the HS precision stock?.

I'm not sure what the differences are between all the Remy short barreled tactical .223's but I thought they all had 1-9tw.

My .223ai started it's life as a Rem. LTR (Light Tactical Rifle) when I bought it brand new and the only difference I see between it and the other "tactical" Remington .223's is mine came with a semi fluted barrel and has the better HS Prec. stock like all the "P" model Rems.

I'm not sure but I think the only real difference any of these factory short barreled Rem. 223's have is the stock, the finish, and maybe the sorta fluted barrels like the LTR has but the more I think about it doesn't the "P" model have a 24in barrel instead of the 20 like mine and the others????

This rifle has a 26" bull barrel. I need to verify the rate of twist with a cleaning rod but according to Remington the 700P in .223 has a 1/9 twist.

I wouldnt think a 52 grain bullet would shoot this well but it does. Love this rifle so far.

I used to shoot 40grain balistic tips in my 1-9tw LTR when it still had the factory barrel on it. They shot VERY well.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.