• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

45-70 starline brass new

Tidus56

My dad just bought his first 45-70, however we can't seem to find any brass or ammo to get him rolling. If anyone has any new starline 45-70 brass I would gladly buy it off of you. In the meantime I will be searching.

Unfortunately, you might have to buy ammo and save the brass until the shortage ends. I had no problem finding ammo. The least expensive stuff runs about $40/box.

Good luck in your search.

I guess I need pointed in the right direction I haven't seen any for sale loaded

Thanks!! I got 100, I never check cabelas anymore. I guess I better start checking there again.
Yeah, I stopped in my local Cabela's a couple weeks ago and they had 4 types of primers and a dozen different powders in stock at fairly reasonable prices considering todays market. They were selling primers by the brick too.

Must have been haha I was told the rifle should be here this week and will be my only 45-70 to date (new limited edition Federal 100 year anniversary Ruger No. 1) I'm not sure on bullet yet. Probably something lighter for fun... 325-350 grain hornady and then something more stout for hunting. Got lucky and snagged some h4198 from PV last week so should be good for the amount it will be shot with 4 pounds. I've never had one before. My dad had a lever gun when he was my age and unfortunately sold it off.

Wow! That Ruger #1 should be something special! Similarly I have little experience with the 45-70 or really any lever gun. So it should be interesting. I will keep my eyes open for brass for you. If you can't find any once that rifle gets to you let me know and I will send you 50 of the 100 I got.

That is extremely generous of you! I'll keep searching and hope I find some. I don't want to depleat your stash but ill bet 50 would last a seriously long time in these guns. Thanks for the offer and I'll let you know.

Well cabelas just canceled my order. So no brass for me. This has happened 3 times in the last two weeks with multiple items.

Yeah I was not happy, I just ordered all the other stuff for him so now I am stuck waiting for brass