338 rum anybody?

338 RUM is a tremendous long range round,would be great with 250's and the 300 gr Matchking. Very capable of taking big game well past 1000 yards. I think you would be looking at around 2750 fps with the 300 gr Matchking.

First I would shoot it. If it shows potential get it skim bedded,trigger job,muzzle brake and recrown the barrel. Depending how far you want to shoot and what scope your using, you might want to consider a 20 moa base.That's what my brother did to his Sendero in 300 rum. Its very accurate and didn't cost a fortune. When he shoots it out he plans to rebarrel it into a 338 edge but it shoots so well he's in no hurry. Good luck.

Dan

I have had a few 338 ultra's,a couple 338-378's,340 weatherby's, right now I am shooting a Custom 338 edge which is the 300 ultra case necked out to .338. It just has a slight advantage over the 338 ultra about 100 fps is all. Yes trigger job if needed,bedding if needed and torque the actions screws to 55-65 inch lbs equal front and back.Mine I went 60/inch lbs and it shot great.The 250 or 300 gr bullets are the way to go as far as I am concerned. I shoot only 300 gr.Practice a bunch and get good at 200 yrds then work your way out. It's a blast to say the least!:cool:

thanks for all the info guys. im going to set that up and see how it shoots next to the gun im getting kirby to build for me. im thinking about getting the am but im not sure yet. a friends got 1 but never takes it out to shoot it. ive let 1 go before with it and i cant see why he doesnt take it out. doesnt kick and is accurate like no other.
gun)gun)gun):D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts