.338 Lapua Savage Precision

Hard Head

Wanted to take my Savage Precision out yesterday but was toooo Hot,real feel was 105 but actual was 100,not a good idea. So I spent about 2 hours making the barrel spotless and prestine,I mean squeky clean. Adjusted my EC tuner from the last outing when it was 90 out and gave up as could not coo it down, so this morning when I got up at 5:30 opened the sliding door and was ,or seemed cool out. Looked at the temp and was 66,so after taking the wife to work I went to the range ,got there and was 74 out,still cool, so set my target at 100 and the load was Lapua brass101.5 LRT ,300 Hornady A tip, Fed 215 Mag. and loaded to 3.755" it touches the lands at 3.865 "very first shot was 1" low at 2809,second shot was 1" low but 1/2 " tohe right,gave it 4 clicks up and let it set for about 10 minutes fired the third shot it went 2810, fired the 4th and it was 1/8 " away almost the same hole and was 2805. I left the tuner alone grabed my stuff and left as a group of young guys came dowwn with their AR's to make some noise . Kinda hard to consetrate when it sounds like a war. But none the less I am really excited about the morning as I know now it is a shooter. I had to file off the rear action screw as it was hitting the bottom of the bolt on lockup and then had to put a Aluminum shim 3/1000 thick on the rear tang and bed it into the stock . Now it is a shooter and really like it. Pete

My Uncle use to be a Jipo Loger for about 40 years and live in Grants Pass, then moved to Springfield out of town about 15 miles east of town, I really liked that country,but that was back in the late 50's.he took me fishing in all the streams around there ,memories I will remember all my life. I sure wish though that I lived back in Eatern Montan,Billings ..then I could really utilise it's long range potential on the BLM land around it. Pete