• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338 Lapua Ackley Improved by Tommy Shurley $OLD

Re: 338 Lapua Ackley Improved by Tommy Shurley *Price Drop*

That is a fine looking rifle. I have been looking for a 300 WM or 300 RUM that is configured like this gun. Quite the nice piece you have built up.

Thank you very much! Hopefully I can find her a loving home soon. :)

Lets do $3700 plus shipping for the gun and dies.

The scope has been spoken for. Gun and dies are still available.

Up for a Christmas look

Back to the top with another price drop. $3600 plus shipping for the gun and dies.

To the top. Let's get this gone boys!

bumpitu bump bump

If you're interested feel free to make an offer

Re: 338 Lapua Ackley Improved by Tommy Shurley $3600 obo

Is the action used, or from a previous build? The amount of wear on the bolt and scratches on the bolt handle indicate much more than 29 rounds.

Is the action used, or from a previous build? The amount of wear on the bolt and scratches on the bolt handle indicate much more than 29 rounds.

Thank you, badger, for your opinion, but there are actually only 28 rounds through this gun. I was off by one round when totaling everything up. The scratches on the bolt knob are from sitting in my safe and being shuffled around to get other guns in/out of the safe. The wear on the cerakote on the bolt in no way indicates anything other than what I have stated regarding the condition or number of rounds through this gun. This was an action that I ordered specifically for this build, as were all the other parts. My description of the gun is 100% accurate and truthful. Anyone who has dealt with me knows that I am not a liar especially about the condition of the items I am selling. If you would like to accuse me further of being one, badger, my phone number is listed on the first page. Feel free to give me a call.

I want everyone to know that I spoke with Billy about purchasing his rifle, and I believe every word he has said. I would have bought it save two things. first, I wanted a single shot so I woulden't be hindered by the mag. I almost bought it any way. The second reason, Well, I couldn't date a girl with another mans name tattooed on her body. I went to my smith and started my 338 LMAI build. I should have bought Billys rifle for parts at this point. I spoke to my GS about the bolt ware and he told me that often happenes on tight tollerance builds. I also spoke with Tommy. I have full confidence in this rifle. Tommy even sent me a reamer drawing while I was tring to decide what to do. At the price the rifle is being offered at now, I may have made a mistake NOT buying it.

I don't think anyone was implying anything about your honesty, Just asking a question. The internet and texting suck that way. Hard to read someones iniflection and true meaning sometimes.

Camo

Thank you, camotruck. You are correct about it being difficult about determine the tone in which someone is saying something on the internet or via text. Perhaps I'm just being defensive, especially with someone questioning the validity of my claims, but to me his statement of the wear indicating more rounds than I claim doesn't really leave much room for misinterpretation.

So with that said, anyone who wants to examine this gun in person can bring their own borescope, or use my Hawkeye, and examine the entire length of this barrel. I also welcome anyone to take the barreled action out of the stock and look at anything they wish to. My description of the gun is 100% truthful and I stand by it.

I have to be honest, I I owned thet rifle I probably would have worn the finish off just cycling the bolt.

Camo.

I also give Billy a thumbs up, I was also going to buy this gun until I decided to go a different direction. Very honest guy in my opinion.

I have to be honest, I I owned thet rifle I probably would have worn the finish off just cycling the bolt.

Camo.
That's what late night typing looks like .... If I owned that Rifle .....

Bump for a heck of a deal. Now that I'm waiting 16 weeks for Redding dies and almost a year on my build and spending more.