300wsm 190 LRAB....in a Tikka Magazine

owlcreekmuley

I purchased a box of these to try in my my Semi Custom Tikka T3 300 wsm today. The thought of these at 29-2950FPS ballistically gives me a 1000 yard shooter - even though that's way farther than I shoot. (600 yard big game rifle)

But man are these bullets long and on top of that the magazines in the Tikka requires I stuff the bullet way down in there.

Do you think there will be a problem with the amount of bullet that has to be shoved in the case?

Has anyone played around with these in the 300 wsm? I have Reloader 22, Reloader 17, Imr 4831, and IMR7828 to play with.

I have a buddy with semi custom tikka 300 wsm also. He filed the front of magazines out to get the extra gain in overall length. He has since dropped down in grains for bullets. Running the 178 eld x and barnes 168 ttsx. That rifle shoots 1 hole groups with RL 17 and his go to powder which is superformance. I'm pretty sure rifle feeds from mag at 2.90?, but would have to confirm

I purchased a box of these to try in my my Semi Custom Tikka T3 300 wsm today. The thought of these at 29-2950FPS ballistically gives me a 1000 yard shooter - even though that's way farther than I shoot. (600 yard big game rifle)

But man are these bullets long and on top of that the magazines in the Tikka requires I stuff the bullet way down in there.

Do you think there will be a problem with the amount of bullet that has to be shoved in the case?

Has anyone played around with these in the 300 wsm? I have Reloader 22, Reloader 17, Imr 4831, and IMR7828 to play with.

I have some 190 LRABs but haven't had a chance to load them yet. I went with 215 Berger instead. Out of your powder list, the RL-17 worked best for my load; I was getting ~50-75 FPS more than MagPro.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.