300 WSM- Best true short action magnum?

IMG_5796.png

300 WSM. I will admit it can be matched but not surpassed. Best all around TRUE short action magnum round IMO. And dirt simple to reload for. I have a T3X in 300wsm. So far tried IMR 4831, RL-26, RL-17 H-4350 and H-4831ssc and all gave excellent accuracy and I settled on IMR4831 as it gave me out of my T3X the best combination of HV accuracy and no pressure signs.
I have MANY 5 shot sub MOA 100, 200 and 300 yard groups shooting a 180grn NAB at 2900fps/mv using Norma brass IMR4831 and Federal 215M primers.

I'm definitely going to look into 7's. Lots of compelling arguments here. Sounds like realistically, I should look more into either a SAUM or a Sherman Short whether it be a 30 or a 7.

Considering it all, it appears a guy can get into a higher BC with a shorter COAL in a 7, which I believe that would be a major factor with me needing to stay in a short action for this rifle. Would a guy be wrong for believing a SAUM would be easier to reliably feed in a magazine than a SS? It seems to me the SS is a simply improved SAUM; longer neck, less taper, different shoulder.
Look at the Sherman sst if you're worried about feeding, little less shoulder angle designed specifically to help feeding. That being said I have a 6.5 ss that feeds flawlessly out of Aics mags it's a little stiff feeling I guess but it's never failed to feed.

Different cases, same bullet.
SAUM left and Sherman Short right.
notice the amount of the case body used by the bullet, below the neck/shoulder junction
Looks like a different bullet also. Look at the lines on the paper as they don't line out to the bullet. Tips line up to the paper line but the OAL of the bullet looks significantly different.