• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 300 Win Mag full custom

ekmclendon

Defiance deviant with 26" Bartlein heavy varmint 1-10 twist fluted barrel. Barrel is threaded 5/8x24 and had thread protector that matches barrel so you can't tell it's threaded when it's on. McMillian A5 black and grey swirl fully adjustable and detachable magazine bottom metal. Has Jewell trigger and AI 5rd magazine. Rifle was built by Greg Young at Southern Precision Rifles. Has been fired around 40 times for load development. It will shoot in the .2's with Berger 185gr Hybrids and H1000. That's the only combo I have tried in it. 3k shipped to FFL. Scope and bipod not included. Will leave 4" atlas rail on forearm.

Last edited:
IMG_0446.jpg

Don't have scales to weigh it, but would guess in the 9lb range without scope.

Beautiful rifle!!! I have two twins to this rifle, one build by Lorenzo Young at Deadly Precision out of UT. and the other speced by me and assembled by Karl Kampfelt and Krieger Barrels.
Both are identical except one has Brux tube and the other Krieger . I started the build in Aug. 2015 and got tired of waiting so picked up the L Young rifle from a fellow in PG UT. Finally got my build in hand May 2016.

If I had 3K laying around and the wife would shoot me for buying another 300WM I would be after this one. 3K is way less than I have in either of mine. actually the one I speced and had built I have more in than the new un-fired I purchaed out of UT. I think the L Young rifle shoots a bit better as well but they are so close its hard to tell on some days.

Thank you! I figure it would be hard to build it for least than 3300-3500 not to mention the wait time. I wouldn't sell it, but have a 375 Snipetac in the works and need to help fund that project.