300 Weatherby

TopPin

Looking to see if any of you have any particular load data that seems to work great out of a 300 Weatherby. I by no means expect to get the velocitys that they're factory blend powders create. A guy can hope! Looking to either shoot a 180-200 grain bullet. Interested to see what load developments have been done with you guys on this cartrige.

Top, my son's 300 Wby likes the 210 Berger VLDH, H1000, 215M primer and Weatherby brass. Start manual low and work up. This load will kill anything in North America.

Top, my son's 300 Wby likes the 210 Berger VLDH, H1000, 215M primer and Weatherby brass. Start manual low and work up. This load will kill anything in North America.
Second on H1000, been a very stable powder. 4831 SSC as well. Very easy caliber to reload. Weatherby/Norma brass is excellent. Get the resizing right, bump the shoulder .002 to .004.

I've had good luck with the 212eldx and 200 eldx with h1000 and imr7828
Imr7977 has too much case fill for the 212s in my gun but is another decent option.

The300(BEE) is great started out useing Imr4831 worked great with165 Barnes bullets for elk , never needed the heavier bullets. Years later tried RL/22 worked just as great . Took 6 or 7 elk to finally catch one bullet and that was 180 blu XLC Barnes that took a medium 5x6,or 5x5 but 99% have been taken with the 165's , factory brass (wby) is great (r-p) ok but smaller inside volume for powder .loaded for 2 rifles one push W/md70/24 inch bbl ,one Vangard 24 inch bbl both 1/10 twists . One supposed newer powder that's worth trying is Imr7828 but that's old news that's dated .......each his/her own takes Reading research n Reloading to find what works but that's easy if you've got the passion for it !!! I'll ad H1000 is Great powder but so is RL/25,RL/26 Enron/IMR 7977 ,(H)Retumbo manny great choices . Cheers!

Thanks for the input on the 300. I've not reloaded this caliber befor, due to the fact I have a 300 Rum and have extensive load data on that. I just figured I'd knock the dust off of this rifle and work a load up for it. This particular rifle shot 3/4 groups using factory 180 grain corlock bullets (good bullet but not my first choice) but did not shoot anything else sub moa. Main reason it went to the closet. I'll give the Eld a try and see how she does. Thanks to all that replied.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.