• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 300 weatherby mark v FS

fisherman983

I have a 300 weatherby mkV with stainless fluted barrel. I believe its pre accumark and pre ultralight. 26" barrel plus Darrel Holland radial baffle break. from what ive been told, it was purchased on or around 1996, made in the usa. I am the 2nd owner.
rifle will shoot sub moa with factory and handloads. I never played with any of the vld's but likes 180 ballistic tips and tsx's.

rifle comes with
95 pieces Remington brass some is loaded with handlaods
145 pieces weatherby brass, some is loaded with handloads
almost full box of factory hornady 150 gr sst ammo.
dies,
3 boxes of 150 gr ballistic tips
1 partial box 180 ballistic tips
and 2 lbs of imr 7828

I don't know how to post pics so if you want them, just pm a phone number and I can text them to you. or if someone wants, they can add them for me.

$1100 obo

not looking for trade and will split up if I have buyers for all of the stuff listed.

Fisherman,

You look like you have a Weatherby Alaskan with an aftermarket barrel/brake. That's definitely the finish and stock of the Alaskan. Nice rifle.

Fisherman,

You look like you have a Weatherby Alaskan with an aftermarket barrel/brake. That's definitely the finish and stock of the Alaskan. Nice rifle.

The Alaskan is a nickel plated made-in-Japan model with a black floorplate and straight stock.

This one is definitely a US made stainless model.

The Alaskan is a nickel plated made-in-Japan model with a black floorplate and straight stock.

This one is definitely a US made stainless model.

Dr. Vette is correct. This is a US made with an after market brake

and I bought it.

Dr. Vette,

Thanks for the update! Haven't seen one like this example in person. Only in the Alaskan version.

Cheers!

The Alaskan is far less common. On Gunbroker you will very frequently find the Alaskans listed as stainless models. They're not. The stock, floorplate and source give them away.]

For the OP, Dad has a stainless Mark V in 300 Weatherby that is very, very accurate.
I bedded it into a thumbhole stock from Stockys' and it loves Barnes LRX in 200gr.