300 Ultra Mag, 210 Accubond LR, Retumbo

mountaincarver

Any one have experience with loading the 300 RUM using 210 LR's with retumbo? I took a guess at it and it didn't work out. I loaded 90 grains retumbo and stuck the bolt. went home and pulled bullets. loaded them back up at 85 grains and stuck the bolt again. Im done trying to put those components together for now. Retumbo is not listed as a tested powder for the 210 LR. Maybe for good reason? I know others who have had their own experiences with this bullet. I would like to learn about what you guys have found shooting this bullet. As of now, this is the first time ive experienced this kind of pressure. I thought I was being conservative but somehow Im way off base.

Any one have experience with loading the 300 RUM using 210 LR's with retumbo? I took a guess at it and it didn't work out. I loaded 90 grains retumbo and stuck the bolt. went home and pulled bullets. loaded them back up at 85 grains and stuck the bolt again. Im done trying to put those components together for now. Retumbo is not listed as a tested powder for the 210 LR. Maybe for good reason? I know others who have had their own experiences with this bullet. I would like to learn about what you guys have found shooting this bullet. As of now, this is the first time ive experienced this kind of pressure. I thought I was being conservative but somehow Im way off base.

You've got some other stuff going on with your rifle. Your bolt shouldn't stick at either 85 or 90 grains with a 210 grain bullet of any type. Get your gun checked out.

Is this a new build? I had one stick because the bolt wasn't timed right.

Can you bump the bolt back and get it open? I could tap my bolt back with a screwdriver handle less than an 1/8" and it would open.

Randy

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.