300 rum shooting nice

stifle

Well I finally got all the components together for my latest.
300 RUM Sendero
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 56mm npr2
Ken Ferrell rings and base
DE muzzle brake
Rifle Basix trigger set to 14 oz

I am pretty impressed with how this factory barrell put them so tight. These are the first four shots fired after two sight in shots.
Shot with new unfired remington brass and 82 gn of r-22 behind a 210 grain vld set right to the lands.
I was planning on rebarreling this rifle but with these result and an afternoon of simmiliar findings I really don't want to mess with a good thing.
Thanks Shawn Carlock for an awesome break this thing kicks like a mouse. I could shoot it all day.
May get even better with fireformed brass but it would be tough to beat that group. Shots fired from 100 yds. Other groups that i fired were in the .3-.6 range center to center. This .204 center to center was the best of the lot. But all in all a pretty impressive shooter for a factory rifle .......
pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

P1040339.jpg

P1040340.jpg

Stilfe,

I would not change a thing. .204 is an awesome group. That group is custom rifle type groups. Looks like you got a winner.

W.

thanks

Thanks fellas, now the fun starts. Time to get it on my crony and start workin my drop charts into the next county. I was worried about the reloader 22 with the heavier pill, but its a bottle of powder i have had for a while and wanted to use it up. I guess you just get lucky every once in a while. It would not have been my first choice but it works just fine. Its nice not to have to shoot your barrel half out to find a combo that works well.

Looks good man, **** nice grouping.

u gotta love those DE brakes, they work awesome!!!

I dont really like the RL powders but that combo sure seems to be working for ya, i wouldnt change a thing

steve

very nice. I'll have to give the 210 vld's a try. I have a Savage 112 varmiter in 300 winchester magnum with a 26" barrel and custom brake on it topped with a Nikon buckmaster 6-18x40. My personal best at 625 yards. is 3.375 group. Center to center it is 3.067 which is approx..511 moa. I'm presently using the Hornady 208 a-max excellent bc's. cci 200 long rifle primers and 71 gr. Imr 7828 traveling at 2875 fps. This bullet performed very well on the 8-point whitetailed deer I harvested at 560 yards "doublelunged" him never took another step. My brother also has a Savage 300 wm in the 110 tactical police model and this load shoots very well out of his set-up.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.