30 Nosler

RFoster1972

I am looking for some reload data for this caliber using berger 215's.
I'm currently shooting hornady 212 eld-x and would like to see what others are using and what type of velocity you are getting

I just finished my first 30 Nosler. I started with H1000 at 77 gr. Went to 83.5 was still okay. I started with ELDX and went to Bergers. Went up to 84.5 gr with the Bergers. The gun shot both bullets very well. Didn't try any other powders. This shot so good didn't see any reason to. Could maybe get more speed out of Rl33.

I just finished my first 30 Nosler. I started with H1000 at 77 gr. Went to 83.5 was still okay. I started with ELDX and went to Bergers. Went up to 84.5 gr with the Bergers. The gun shot both bullets very well. Didn't try any other powders. This shot so good didn't see any reason to. Could maybe get more speed out of Rl33.
What grain hornady and Berger were you shooting any idea of velocity

Don't mean to hi-jack but I got a couple questions regarding this caliber.

First is performance really noticeable over a 300 win mag?

Second do you forsee it becoming popular, at least more so then what the 300 wsm did? The reason I ask is I'm interested in this caliber but I'm waiting for it to be more readily available. I'd like to get a remington long range in this caliber then true the action and do a semi build. Also I don't want it to be hard or real expensive to get brass.

So far I like this new caliber it's built on a shorter action, and will push the heavier bullets a little faster, than my 300 win mag would. Brass is Nosler so it's easy to find, but a little pricey for it
But should be able to reload it several times. Right now I'm shooting a
212gr eld-x out of a 25" proof barrel and am getting around 2884fps. And it's not a hot load with G-1000, but will be experimenting with the Berger 215's as well. My load shot 1/4 MOA at 100yds. and I was leaving for hunt and left it as it was, it will probably push a Bullets 3000fps but will see how accuracy goes

Yes I am interested in it just wish I could get it in a stock remington. Could I get a remington in a 300 win and have a gunsmith ream it to a 30 nosler?

Don't mean to hi-jack but I got a couple questions regarding this caliber.

First is performance really noticeable over a 300 win mag?

Second do you forsee it becoming popular, at least more so then what the 300 wsm did? The reason I ask is I'm interested in this caliber but I'm waiting for it to be more readily available. I'd like to get a remington long range in this caliber then true the action and do a semi build. Also I don't want it to be hard or real expensive to get brass.

Check out >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/how-does-300-win-30-nos-compare-179558/

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.