30 Nosler with RL33

LRDesert

Curious if anyone has experience with RL33 in the 30 Nosler pushing 210 gr. ABLR. My current load is 83gr. Of ramshot magnum with 200 gr. ELDx avg velocity 3034 FPS. That load showed some temp sensitivity on an elk hunt last season with extreme weather changes. Thought I would try out some RL33. Hard to find any info on this powder caliber combo. Just wanting to get an idea what a rough min-max may be.

RL33 is not temp stable, I have it and use it in my 28 Nosler, I like the accuracy using it, but in TX we do not have extreme cold winters and our summertime is very hot, I just develop the load in the temp I am hunting and don't use it in the summer. I have read a lot of people using H1000 for the big 30 calibers with great accuracy.

I agree with the above 33 is not the most stable.

Its not the fastest but H1000 is great for low ES and temp stability.

I'm running it in my 30 nos pushing a 230 berger at 2935 with an es of 10. I ran that combo to 2975 but 2935 is the sweet spot.

If you dont have some H1000, try to get some it's the best powder for the 30 Nosler if you want accuracy and stability.
It's not the fastest but I believe the best all around.

Any suggestion for starting to work up a load for 30n I have h1000 and a couple pounds of retumbo 210vlds & 215 hybrds

Any suggestion for starting to work up a load for 30n I have h1000 and a couple pounds of retumbo 210vlds & 215 hybrds
You should check out Hogdon loading data.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts