• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 30 caliber Berger bullets wanted

gollygee

I would like to try some test loads with the Berger 30 caliber VLD hunting bullets in 168 grain and heavier in my 300 WBY (1 in 10' twist). Anyone have some broken boxes that they would part with? Any personal experiences with this scenario? What is the difference between the Berger VLD match and their hunting bullets?

Last edited:
I have been loading for the 300 Wby for several years. I have a 28 inch Shilen tube 1 in 10 and it loves the 190 Hunting VLD. It will shoot the 175 and 190 grn VLD but the 210 that I really wanted to shoot opened up more. In the Weatherby I would take advantage of being able to shoot heavier pills and all the advantages that come with. Start with the 185s, 190s and 210's. I use Norma brass, CCi mag primers and h4831SC.

I would like to try some test loads with the Berger 30 caliber VLD hunting bullets in 168 grain and heavier in my 300 WBY (1 in 10' twist). Anyone have some broken boxes that they would part with? Any personal experiences with this scenario? What is the difference between the Berger VLD match and their hunting bullets?

I have:

185 grain Berger VLD Hunting Lot# 1672 - 71 ct part box....$36

This price includes shipping to lower 48, payment by money order please (I don't use PayPal).

PM me for address.

The Berger site (if I remember correctly) says the hunting labeled bullets have a little thicker outer skin, since people were using the Match bullets for hunting and they sometimes came apart. Otherwise the same, and very accurate. Visit the site, they have good info there, including an explanation of how they work on game. The long range guys love them.

I got best accuracy from the Bergers in my .30-06, but the 180 gr AccuBonds was just behind and I've been a Nosler user for a long time so I went with them. I have no issue with the Bergers.

This is exactly what I had in mind.

Please provide your address for payment. A money order will delay things for a couple days. Check OK?

Hey, For what its worth..
My brother has a wby accumark and he sends a 210begr vld hntg down range @ 2950fps and he has sub moa group @1000yrds. We reloaded and reloaded tried just about everything, and found 83grains H1000 to be the best..
PS. Dont get caught up on OAL just because your shooting bergers, set a long one and jump them back by 10thsnds shoot groups of three and then fine tune it.... That's what works for us sorry i dont have anything to sell you.
jesterg