30.06 to 280rem

270 and 280 are the same length case
2.540" vs 2.496" for the '06
What I am looking at is 280AI case length to 6mm-280AI wildcat. The 280AI case length is 2.525". It's changing my thinking some, or wondering some. I had gotten 100 Peterson cases in 270 and 300 cases in 30-06 in Lapua. It's looking like that they are going to be short some in the neck. The case length to the shoulder is longer, the angle is shorter. So I figure there will be enough to achieve the overall case length. I am still looking to purchase 280 AI cases. Like I say this going to be interesting. I am not over stock, I can resize them into 25-06 case fire form them, which I have two rifles and my sons have 3 between them. My thinking was I could neck down to 6mm with 270 or 30-06 case and with the shrinking of the necks down I would have plenty of length. Maybe not? Learning curve. One son has a 30-06 too.

Quite a few years back my dad and I did resize some old WW Super 30-06 brass to 280, long before Al Gore's world wide inter web made finding reloading supplies much easier.

From my experience, it worked well enough because we shot the heck out of it. I know there are still a handful of the cases in my odd brass bucket. I think it was a bit short necked, but worked fine.
Both rifles are now 280ai...and still filling the freezer.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.