• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 280 AI for sale

Lapua guy

Great Custom R700LA Gun, not really any expense spared. I have a few other 280 AIs, this one doesn't get used much anymore. Last time I shot her, she was easily a .5 MOA gun with a variety of loadings. This is almost identical configuration to GreyBull Precision's 105 rifle. HOWEVER THEY DID NOT BUILD THIS PARTICULAR RIFLE. I want to make that clear, as I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate the confusion. PM me with email for pictures ONLY IF INTERESTED IN BUYING PLEASE.

Specs:
Rem700 blueprinted and bedded Long Action
GreyBull Precision Stock
Lilja Fluted 7 contour (sendero contour)
Jewell Trigger - HVRTSBR-B (have A and C springs likely as well; set at 1.5 lbs right now)
Wyatt's Outdoor BDL style extended magazine so will fit long seated VLDs

I put a GreyBull Precision scope (with scope covers) on it a few years back. It's there standard 4.5-14x50 LR VX-3 in case you aren't familiar. I put a drop turret on it for 168 gr Berger VLDs. Have original turret as well. It is on a Leupold Mk4 pictiny base with Leupold Rings. Great setup.

$2800 with scope mounted on it.

$1900 without scope

Prices include shipping and transfer on my end.

Had a few questions about weight of rifle. It weighs just under 11 pounds without scope, unloaded. With scope and loaded it is almost right on 12 lbs.

Last edited:
20140823_141126_zps77fa4690.jpg

20140823_141159_zpseefa68ac.jpg

Some quick pics

Another answer to a question that has been asked by more than one person: Yes I have shot the factory Nosler ammo through it. It groups the accubond best, but not as well as hand loads. I shot a box and seemed to keep it under an inch at 100 yards every group. Good to use in a pinch, but as with most LR rigs, it is best to hand load.

It is a 26" barrel. Yes the bolt has been faced and lugs lapped. It is a completely blueprinted action. Fiberglass bedded.

For a custom R700, no expense has been spared.

Bump to top. Very interesting in selling. Price update: -$200 if you buy this week.

If my AC unit had not just gone out, we would be doing some business!!!!!! And I'm sure you don't do payment plans, so here's a bump for a great rifle that I was almost able to get.

Guys I sold scope tonight. So only rifle available. I do have another GBP scope from another rifle that I recently upgraded to a G7 NF. I would include that if anyone was interested for same scope and gun price. Wouldn't be matched to gun though. It is a 280 Ackley turret tho so might be close. Gun it came off was only two inch less in barrel. Same maker and contour though. Load was for 168 Berger at 2875 fps and 4000 ft.

Also forgot to add other scope has ring marks that are visible and doesn't have scope covers like one pictured. Full disclosure.

Recent Posts