• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

.280 Ackley Improved Brass (Nosler)

BigBuck74

I am in need of 100 or more pieces of Nosler Ackley Improved brass. I will take once forend but willing to pay for new. Also, I prefer the nosler, but would take Norma or Hornady if that is all that is available.

Please PM me if you have any to part with.

Thanks!

Yup, I will trade 2:1 Nosler for Peterson. Have a couple hundredbrand new.

Depending on where you are in Idaho, Shooter's Bench in Nampa had a box of Nosler 280AI the last time I was in there.

I form my 280 AI brass from Lapua 30/06 brass, 14.6g of Bullseye with Cream of wheat, clean the barrel every 25 rounds. The neck is a tad shorter but the carbon is very easily removed in the chamber with a twist or two of a pistol bronze bristle brush.

The Lapua Brass will far out last the Noser, no comparison. Loads that show pressure on the nosler do not show any sign of pressure at all on the Lapua.

It is well worth the time and effort to use the lapua brass for this application and the std 280. 100 pieces of brass will last till the barrel is shot out in a 280 or 280 AI. I shoot the 175g LRAB at 2900 in the AI and the 162 ELDX at 2930 in the std 280.

Recent Posts