28 Nosler in an AICS Lapua CIP magazine?

Shumba

Contemplating a 28 Nosler build on a Chassis. Does anyone know if the 28 Nosler will run in unmodified (rib removed) AI mag made for the Lapua CIP length. My research shows the rib to be located at 2.160 and the Nk/body junction on the 28 Nosler is at 2.166. 6 thousandths should not pose a problem but I could be wrong. Case diameter is .550 on the 28 Nos and this is within the taper of the Lapua case. The length is 3.75 on the CIP AI mag so the Berger 195s seated with the base even with Nk/shoulder junction OAL are 3.700 according to threads on here. Any input would be appreciated.

I would imagine any Nosler cartridge 26 and up should work just fine in an unmodified AICS long action magazine. The Noslers were designed to be the same overall length as the .30-06, 7mm mag, .300 win mag, etc. and are very nearly the same diameter as the magnums at the base. I had great success using .300 WSM in standard AICS short action mags intended for .308 win.

I had to have a question I have an AT stock with magazines that are for 300 win mag. I want to change the gun to a 28 Nosler, but there is a rib in the magazine they make different magazines that will fit in that action that will allow me to shoot a 28 Nosler.

Recent Posts