270 Sherman Shortmag (SS)

Idaho Trecker

I got the rifle back a couple weeks ago but with work and stuff I forgot to post some pictures to this forum. I had a couple on my 270 SS thread but have changed stocks since then.

The chambering was designed by Elkaholic and all the gunsmith work was done by Shawn Thomason of Diamond T Rifle Shop.

20151101_120402.jpg

20151101_120452-1.jpg

The Rifle:
Trued Rem 700
Timney 510
Brux #3 fluted 1:8 twist 24"
B&C Alaskan Stock
Nightforce 20 MOA bases and rings
Nightforce 5.5-22x56 NPR1 (for now)

This build was done with every ounce in mind so I will be switching scopes for a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 or Zeiss Conquest HD5 3-15x50 and Talley lightweight ringmounts. I may even switch the stock out to a Manners Elite hunter and shave off another 6 or so ounces. All in all it should come in around 7.5 pounds.

That is sweet. And thanks for the visual reference. I'm getting a Brux #3 stainless fluted (but with the interrupted flutes) and it's going in a stock with the same basic profile as yours. This gives me an idea what it'll look like. And I like what I see.

Found a cool video on 6.5 Sherman. It started as a 7mm SAUM. I'm guessing yours is similar but with a .277?

That is correct with the SAUM brass as the parent case. I start with 300 SAUM brass though. It's a bit of work but now elkaholic has brass available ready to be fire formed for sale.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.