270 Federal Fusion

It's the most accurate factory ammo in Dad's 270 Win. We used it last year in WY on antelope with impressive results in the 150gr variety. It worked so well that he has toyed around with the idea of using it on elk this fall.

I've used it previously in a different 270 on deer, and it performs very well on those also.

If it shoots well in your rifle I would not hesitate to use it based on what I've seen.

It's a fantastic bullet. I used them in my .270 for mile deer several years back. Shot my buck at 327 yards bullet passed all the way through and had a nice sized exit hole. I would use them for elk in a heartbeat.

Friend of mine uses them in a Remington mod. 7, 7/08, 140 gr. bullet. He shot a small 220 lb.blk. bear 3 years ago and the bear ran about 60yards and piled up. So a 150 gr. bullet in a 270 should be good for deer or elk.

Is the Fusion still the Speer Curl? Wish I could find these to reload. Shoot the 150gr in my 300wsm and it is super accurate. Both deer I shot dropped in the tracks with great expansion and the hog I shot dropped immediately to his knees DTR.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.