264 WM & 143 gr ELD-X accurate load

257 Tony

Really interesting stuff about the 143s which are working good for me in 2 rifles - a 260 Rem and a 6.5mm WSM. I attached a pic of one of my recent targets from the 260 Rem which averages about 0.36 MOA. The 6.5mm WSM groups in the 0.5 MOA range but is better than that on dirty cold bore shots where it seems to hold around 0.25 MOA. Being hunting rifles I really only care about the cold bore shot. So from what I've seen my buddy should be able to get this bullet to work.... but maybe they just don't like the 264 WM. Thanks for the info.

Attachments

• 260 Rem RL-26 001.jpg
    260 Rem RL-26 001.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 155
I'm running the 143s in my 264.
Nosler brass
73.5 gr R33
215m primers
2.235 oal measured off the ogive I think im about .005 off the lands
It will shoot 1/4-1/2 moa as long as I do my part on the band switch. I think it would be more consistent if I had a muzzle brake
I neck size only as well. Hope this helps

It's running 3125 in a 26" barrel
I did a ladder test, and when I got to this charge I stopped looking, reloaded it and went back to the range got the same results.
There may be another accuracy node at a higher velocity but I didn't search for it.
2 groups @ 1/4 moa were good enough for me

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts