264 Mag

If it's a factory barrel, it will be a 9 twist I believe. So, you won't be able to shoot the heavies or the longer monos well or with good terminal performance. For instance, for hammer bullets, you would have to use either the blunt 121 grain heavy hammer hunter, or the stubby 99 grain hammer hunter or lighter bullets. All bullets that hammer makes over 99 grains other than the 121 heavy hammer won't stabilize in your 9 twist. But either of those would get moving really fast from a .264, and depending on the ranges you want to use it at, may be optimal. Sub 500-600 yards is where these would shine.

If you want to get the most range out of it or intend on taking game at extended distance, 500+, the 130 Berger ar hybrid, or the 129 accubond long range may be good options. Good powders will range from h4831sc to retumbo type burn rates.

More info could help. What ranges do you plan on hunting, or normally harvest your game, what powders do you have available, etc.

Hopefully you can get the components you need. The 264 is a great cartridge. For whitetail , I've always considered 1000 ft/lbs to be the very minimum and 500 and under should be practical.

Hopefully you can get the components you need. The 264 is a great cartridge. For whitetail , I've always considered 1000 ft/lbs to be the very minimum and 500 and under should be practical.
The 121 gr will work really well , I shoot that bullet in 2 different 6.5-284s with a 1-9 twist at over 3200 fps . The 264 win mag shoul see close too 3500 fps.

The 264 Win Mag... I love that cartridge, pretty much anything you put in short of soft candy will kill, just find a good load and stay with it. For whitetail, and depending on the range you think you'll find them at if you can get a 130gr up to 3100 fps from (assuming) it's a 24" barrel you're golden. Good luck Cheers

I am not at my data notes but I think it is 61grains IMR 4831, please check your load manual first
These were mild loads that gave me the best groups
Not the highest velocity but worked for me for over 35 years
Still use that load now
If I can help more I will be glad to
Good luck and enjoy the Classic!