.257 133 Berger Elite Hunter.

Tidus56

This ought to make the 1/4 caliber people happy! I think it will be awesome in a 25sst.

In 2050 they will be shooting 210gr hybrid hunters in their .243. The bullets will be as long as the casings. There will be long actions, xl actions, XXL actions, and then people will be making cartridges that are 3" in diameter that will fit in an ar15.

In 2050 they will be shooting 210gr hybrid hunters in their .243. The bullets will be as long as the casings. There will be long actions, xl actions, XXL actions, and then people will be making cartridges that are 3" in diameter that will fit in an ar15.
Not sure where you're going with that lol. A 133Gr. .257 bullet is no different than a 200gr 30cal or 140gr 6.5mm. It's just a heavy for caliber bullet that the .257 has been lacking forever.

Not sure where you're going with that lol. A 133Gr. .257 bullet is no different than a 200gr 30cal or 140gr 6.5mm. It's just a heavy for caliber bullet that the .257 has been lacking forever.
The 131 blackjack have been around for years, so.... maybe not lacking for years.

I'm just laughing at the direction everything is headed. Due to the absence of any real innovation, we will just keep stretching what we have a tiny..tiny bit every couple of years..

Stretching things a little is innovation. You gotta walk before you can run. You can save the high BC bullets for the rest of us haha 😉

Stretching things a little is innovation. You gotta walk before you can run. You can save the high BC bullets for the rest of us haha 😉
Oh don't misunderstand me, I am a fan. 🤣

I just wonder where it will end. The trend of fast twist barrels and long pointy bullets has to be coming to an end soon, because if it doesn't we will be doing what I described above one day.

I'd be interested in giving them a go, but to be honest I can't find anything wrong with the blackjacks. The are accurate, easy to tune, not seating depth picky and hammer animals. Absolutely slaughter deer! Love the bullet but nice to see another option. I might grab a box to test on deer and see the comparison.

good to see. might be time to finally build that 257ai that I always wanted besides Berger bullets seem to be the easiest to find lately seeing they don't make ammo any more.

Oh don't misunderstand me, I am a fan. 🤣

I just wonder where it will end. The trend of fast twist barrels and long pointy bullets has to be coming to an end soon, because if it doesn't we will be doing what I described above one day.
I think we're getting to the limit. Too much heavier and there will all kinds of issues. Pressure from the weight and longer bearing surface, bullets coming apart from the high spin rate of you can get them up to speed, throat erosion bc of how overbore you'll need to be to get them moving...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts