.243 ai vs. 6mm-284

Hahahahaha... nice one catshooter. Yeah that pretty much sums it up. The yote being shot at could care less until he gets hit and then he is toast with either.

Well u do have to give up some sort of credit to the shorter, stubbier cases. I mean isn't that what the whole concept is behind the br's and the wsm's and the wssm's.

I had the info a little wrong it was a 6mm 22-250ai over the 243 win.
Anyway heres a link it's pretty neat to read over if anything else.
6mm/22-250AI
check out the 6.5x284 tube gun, it might be the same one I saw on 6mmbr.com, it's pretty cool.

Ok, ok already so the 6x284 might be the best, but the extra 6-14grs. of powder it takes to achieve an extra 200fps will be a whole lot better off filling up another case for the .243ai im gonna build.

Well sh!t, I'm still not sure... I will say this though I'd rather have that much powder going down a 6mm bore than a 22cal bore. Instead of having to build both now I might as well go ahead save myself the headache and just build a 6x284. After these were my intentions to find out the better of the two and build it. I guess I just like to root for the underdog.

Last edited:
CatShooter, I know you have played with all of these. So the question is what's your favorite? Assume we are going calling in the morning in fairly open terrain. What are you packin' and why? Thanks, I am considering a new build.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.