.243 90gr Scirocco

winmagman

Has anybody been shooting this bullet? I'd be interested in it's accuracy performance plus any on game results (preferably deer or antelope). Also has anyone checked to see if the advertised .419 BC is close to real world results?
Thanks in advance
Chris

Hi Winmagman!
Did you see my picture of the 90gr scirocco bullet at this topic? http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...=true#Post37093

When I first start to test out the scirocco bullet I got 3/4" - 1" group(3shot) at 110yard, but my last test shooting with this bullet the groups start to opend up.
I think this was because the barrel is wear out, and I wainting to get my new barrel(krieger 1-8")
When I get my new barrel I will test out more the 90gr scirocco bullet.
When I have tested out more the 90gr scirocco bullet in my new barrel, I will come with some more information.
Terje

Terje
Thanks for the link, good info there. I've got some 105 gr A-maxes loaded to test but I'm a little worried they won't hold together up close (under 100 yds} on deer. I'm looking for more of a long range hunting bullet that will hold up in close. Once I get the barrel broken in and the A-maxes tested I might give the Sciroccos a try.

winmagman
Is it a standard 243win you have?
I think you should give the scirocco bullet a try.
If you have a standard 243win, and want maximum velocity,
thy the RL-22 or Norma MRP.

A review about the scirocco bullet I found at Midway
Link: http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/487758
[ QUOTE ]
Review:
Outstanding performer. I load this bullet in a custom barreled 6mm-.284 and push it at a velocity of 3600fps, with 5 shot groups that measure 2 tenths of an inch. It kills South Texas whitetail and Wild Hogs instantly. The first time out with this bullet, it dropped a 400lb Bore Hog dead in its tracks at a measured range of 425yds. This is the toughest bullet I have ever used and it will penetrate all the way through a 500lb hog. After 200 rounds I have yet to experience fouling problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terje
Yep, standard 243 win, Rem action trued & lapped, factory trigger tuned to 2.5 lbs, Rock barrel 26" 1-8 twist.

Re 22 is the powder I'm starting with. I loaded up a couple of rounds each from 42.0 to 45.0 in .5 steps with A-maxes to check for max pressure and 5 at 43.5(listed max)just to see how they group. Need to break in the barrel anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Chris

did you shoot them in your 243 yet?
I am looking to load them in a 243Ai and wanted to know how your loads were doing

Jared

jared
Not yet, haven't even ordered any. I want to test the Amaxes I've got loaded first. Unfortunately working six days a week leaves little time to pull the trigger. Hopefully thing will slow down by mid feb.
Chris

although in a differen tcaliber, I have shot the 150 g. 7 mm scirocco and terminal performance is great, perfect mushrooming and good penetration ( used in animals up to 300-400 lbs.)

problems with accuracy may be due to the bullet being rather long and requiring a faster twist/higher muzzle velocity.

heard that before, but my 243Ai has a 8 twist so i thought i would give them a shot.

jared

shot a few groups today with the sciroccos and they shot pretty good in my 243AI best group was .418 5@100yrds didnt get a velo due to dead battery in chrono load was 46.7 grns of N165.

Jared

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.