22ARC Vs 224 Valkyrie

So the 22ARC is shorter but slightly fatter than the 224 Valkyrie. So what's the difference in powder capacity?

Per the guys on the Hornady podcast the primary benefit is that the 22 ARC is far easier to tune compared to the .224 Valk. This is predominantly due to chamber and cartridge case dimensions.

Also, more powder doesn't equate to more velocity! Then again it comes down to powder selection AND max pressure. Just check the difference between 260rem and 6.5creed.

Per the guys on the Hornady podcast the primary benefit is that the 22 ARC is far easier to tune compared to the .224 Valk. This is predominantly due to chamber and cartridge case dimensions.
Sounds like a load of horse puckey to me.

I wonder if Hornady guys were loading off the shelf canister powders or the "double super secret " stuff?

Years ago I almost bought a 22 Nosler AR upper. Canceled the order 2 days later. No
Regrets!
you made the right choice. that case design couldn't handle even moderate pressures. when you could still get the 6 Hagar brass some guys were changing their bolt and forming the Hagar to Nosler and having much better luck

Recent Posts