225 ELD Match

Wachsmann

I just picked up some 225 ELD match bullets tonight and I have some H1000, RL26, and Retumbo to play with in my 300 RUM. I'm going to try and keep them at mag length at first but may seat them out further to see where the best accuracy is at. This is a stock Remington Sendero.

Does any one have any data with the powders listed above for reloads using these bullets? Also if you have some stock mag length data that would be really useful as well. Thanks.

Last edited:
I just picked up some 225 ELD match bullets tonight and I have some H1000, RL26, and Retumbo to play with in my 300 RUM. I'm going to try and keep them at mag length at first but may seat them out further to see where the best accuracy is at. This is a stock Remington Sendero.

Does any one have any data with the powders listed above for reloads using these bullets? Also if you have some stock mag length data that would be really useful as well. Thanks.

I half expect you'll get more responses asking you to disclose where you found rl26 than load data!

I've been doing some digging in my spare moments today. There is surprisingly little online load data published by component companies for any of the heavies in 300 rum as it turns out. I'm going to be running the 225s in my 300 win mag, and there's tons of data, not for them but for 220 and 230 grain bullets which can be used as reference points. I'm going to start with 8133, 7977, and h 1000 as these show much promise and were easily acquired.

I know its not what you have now but I did find a forum in which someone used 225 elds in 300 rum with a variety of powders and had the best results with rl 33. Ramshots new lrt also looks promising, slower burn rate than retumbo according to first hand users and capable of significantly higher charge weights, it's dense ball powder. Imr 8133 is just screaming to be tried with this combo as well, it shows the highest velocity in hodgdons data with 230 bergers in the win mag, but with a load that's going to be very heavily compressed. Perhaps the rum case will be just right.

I'll have to dig around some more like you said. I've never used H1000 in my RUM but I was running it in a 257 weatherby and it worked out pretty well. I seen a lot of post for H1000 in the 300 RUM with 210 and 215 VLD. I could use or work off of the berger 230 data with my powders and just work up till I see pressure and then drop back down a grain. I'm some what in a different mode of thought now days and I want a tighter group load with more consistent ES and SD than squeaking out the fastest load that still had acceptable groups.

Yeah I'm looking forward to my own experiments in the win mag in the days ahead. I bought the h1000 for the same reason, so many good reports, not necessarily the fastest velocity but right up there, but everyone was saying its consistent and can give very low es and sd.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.