• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 221 REMINGTON FIREBALL RIFLE

stovepipe

I'm considering buying a 221 fireball rifle, if you have one you would part with let me know . Thanks

I have a custom one built by father on a rem action. Mid charge and getting 3,500 fps with 40gr v max

Wow! I didn't realize they were capable of that, I get around 3600 with a 40 bt in my 222, I've never seen a 221 case must be bigger than I thought

No its smaller, it's parent case to 300 blk out if you have seen those

.222 with 55 gr vs .221 with 40gr
20221213_192143.jpg

Oh yeah I see now , I was thinking it would be closer to hornet size..looks closer to the 222

I'm sure it would be, I'm a huge hornet fan just would like to try a fireball
I had this built during the previous .22 lr shortage, I was having trouble finding 17 mach II ammo for my cz squirrel gun, so I figured I could load for about the same price (back when stuff was cheap) and was leaning towards a .22 hornet until I was told they hornet brass splits necks. Just so happens right after it was done PA updated verbiage on hunting rules to include rimfire not just .22 cal or less. So my dreams of a long range squirrel gun has been put on back burner

Well well that's no good, we can use any caliber we choose here in KY as far as I know , I use graphite and only partially resize the hornet cases and very rarely split a neck, very important to have your expander adjusted as to not be in the neck when it's being sized

I hear very good things about the cz rifle in this caliber but unfortunately they have become very pricey.