22 Creedmore loads with 75 Bergers and ELD-m 75?

CUTTER1

After very scary results with temperature sensitivity using VV550! I'm just starting from square one with load development and have searched several sites and ran on Quickload and have a ton of notes.
Now just looking to start with 6 Creedmore Starline SRP brass. Have been using Hornady
6 Creedmore with LRP. Plan to try them again but not use Fed 210. Will try WLRP any in Starline cases use Rem 71/2BR.
Appreciate you thoughts.

Reloder 26 is your Huckleberry for pure velocity,start at 44.0 work up. If you do a ladder with that start weight I would continue to 45.8 but watch close as that's a hot load in the 22 CM's I have shot.

Thanks that is a powder I want to try in the 22 Creedmore and 2 other rifles but it is nowhere to be found. Most of the reason I'm asking for input of options!

Reloder 26 is your Huckleberry for pure velocity,start at 44.0 work up. If you do a ladder with that start weight I would continue to 45.8 but watch close as that's a hot load in the 22 CM's I have shot.
I'd like to build a 22 cm for the 80 eld and 95 smk. What kind of velocity are you getting?

Built mine in a 22" so I could run a can. With 41.5 GR VV 550 at 8000ft elevation I get 3525. Only problem is the powder is way to temperature unstable. Because rifle is my out of big game season truck gun it gets used in temps from 25 below to 100 above zero! VV550 in this case is just too unstable! It's sad because from +30 to +60F it is perfect and shoots 1/4MOA. In a year I've already put 800 rounds thru it and I'm planning on building a second gun next year with a 26" carbon Benchmark!

H4350 or maybe h4831sc, rl16, rl23 possible powders too I would think.

4000MR is another powder that will get good velocity that was very accurate in my rifle. I tried H4350/Reloder 16/Reloder23/ Superformance/H4831/N550/N560 but they always got sticky bolts before hitting my desired velocity.
Getting 3500+ from a 22 inch barrel is smoking fast and if you have 800 rounds then watch for your speeds to fall off or at least mine did around that many down the barrel. Checked my throat around 1000 and there was no rifling for several inches and it was starting to get flyers.
I was running 3480 from a 24 inch barrel which I seated further out and upped charge to maintain that speed.

At 800 rounds the bore showers about 1" of mild throat erosion. Almost identical to how it looked at 500 rds

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.