• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED .22-250 Custom Mauser

STEEL SLINGER

I have for sale a lovingly used custom .22-250 REM. The rifle was built on a 1909 Argentine Mauser action that has been reworked and finished nicely with a nice crisp trigger. The barrel is a Shilen HVY Sporter 26" long with a 1/14 twist. The walnut stock is very nice and has a hinged floor plate. Bluing, metal work and furniture are in very good condition with a few safe handling marks, butt plate has markings from sitting in the safe as you can see from the pictures. This rifle also comes with 50 pieces of factory new .22-250 Lapua brass and Leupold one piece scope base. Rifle weights in at 8.0 pounds even. Any questions or requests for additional pictures, please contact me by email, it would be the fastest being that I not on the forum daily. Thank you for your interest.
Email to – [email protected]
RIFLE HAS SOLD, PLEASE CLOSE THREAD.

$850.00 DELIVERED TO YOUR FFL HOLDER IN US48

If your FFL Holder does not except firearms from a private seller, please add $25.00 for S&H fee.

Attachments

• R1.jpg
    R1.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 141
  • R2.jpg
    R2.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 131
  • R3.jpg
    R3.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 126
  • R6.jpg
    R6.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 127
  • R7.jpg
    R7.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 124
  • R8.jpg
    R8.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 124
  • R11.jpg
    R11.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 109
  • R12.jpg
    R12.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
The box of Lapua brass you see in the picture is the only box of brass I bought for it and I only have been loading on 50 of them. I have four loadings and into my fifth on the original 50. I have had two scopes on this rifle and used factory ammo to zero in, and I also shot several factory rounds of various bullet weights to see how they held. With that said, I'm going to stretch out on a limb here and say MAYBE 300 rounds have been down the barrel. I am the second owner of the rifle, and knew the first owner who passed away very well, and he had never even mounted any glass on the rifle.

It's beautiful, is that the safety on the stock, I've got an 8 mm and it's hard to take the safety on and off

It's beautiful, is that the safety on the stock, I've got an 8 mm and it's hard to take the safety on and off
The safety is located on the back of the bolt. . .it is that paddle looking lever. This one is not hard to engage, but with the rifle being scoped and heavy winter gloves does make it a little awkward.

Still for sale. . .it needs a loving home and use!!!

Too bad it's 1/14 twist or I'd consider giving it a home
If it was a 1/7 twist, and I could shoot 75/85 grain heavies, I would keep it. . .I just put more mileage on my fast twist .224 rifles than I do this one.
Finally made the cut on posts. How's she shoot ?
With Varget and 45/53/55 grain bullets it is EVIL ACCURATE!!! The 60 grain Hornady Spire Point SP shoots good, and that is about as heavy/long of a bullet she will stabilize to Minute Of Squirrel.

If it was a 1/7 twist, and I could shoot 75/85 grain heavies, I would keep it. . .I just put more mileage on my fast twist .224 rifles than I do this one.

With Varget and 45/53/55 grain bullets it is EVIL ACCURATE!!! The 60 grain Hornady Spire Point SP shoots good, and that is about as heavy/long of a bullet she will stabilize to Minute Of Squirrel.

Good luck with sale sir! Beautiful rifle the right buyer just hasn't seen it yet