20MOA rail for a Win 70 Magnum action?

Blacktail63

I'm looking for a canted rail for a custom I'm building on a Win 70 long action magnum(375H&H, RUM). Not many/any that I can find. I'd prefer steel with some sort of recoil lug. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

It does but I don't think they make one for that action. The two screw holes at the rear of the action are only .330" apart; instead of the standard .860"

Thanks

Sorry, just seen that they made a set for model 70 long action. Didn't realize there was a difference. I may not remember correctly, but it seems like I've seen where nightforce (?) just sold the rail and you would have to have the mounting holes drilled. Not sure if was straight, or 20 moa. Good luck

An option might be to buy a 20 moa rail for a standard M70 long action and have it altered by a gunsmith. The profile of both the .375 length action and the standard long action are the same and all the screw holes on the front are in the same place as well as the most rearward one. The only hole not in the correct place is the front one of the rear bridge, it would have to be moved. Any gunsmith should be able to drill or mill it in the correct position pretty easily and cheaply. Just an idea if you can't find the one you want for to H&H length action.

Go to EGW Gun Parts they have options for .325 and .375. They will also do custom mounts. I had them make me a 20 moa for my browning blr. If memory serves me correctly I think it was 80 dollars for everything.

Why does a person NEED a 20 MOA Pic rail for a .375 H&H..?? Its really not a long range caliber..???

He didn't say it was a .375 H&H, he said a .375 H&H length action. That's the M70 action length you'd use for a 7 mm STW, 300 RUM, 338 RUM etc.

I agree with the poster that said maybe contact EGW & see if they'll make one with the proper hole spacing. Several makers already make the 20 MOA rail for the long M70, they'd just need to move the hole which they'd probably do for a reasonable price. I bet talley would do it too, they're good about little modifications like that.

He didn't say it was a .375 H&H, he said a .375 H&H length action. That's the M70 action length you'd use for a 7 mm STW, 300 RUM, 338 RUM etc.

I agree with the poster that said maybe contact EGW & see if they'll make one with the proper hole spacing. Several makers already make the 20 MOA rail for the long M70, they'd just need to move the hole which they'd probably do for a reasonable price. I bet talley would do it too, they're good about little modifications like that.

I know Im dense at times but he stated..."building on a Win 70 long action magnum(375H&H, RUM"...whatever a 375H&H RUM is??) amd NO...EGW doesnt because I called them yesterday to make sure of the model I needed for my own M70 in 300 Win Mag caliber.

A 375 H&H is the same length as my 300 Win Mag....so why would the holes be drilled differently??

Take a look in your reloading manual and you'll see 2.850 casing length..?/

A 375 H&H is the same length as my 300 Win Mag....so why would the holes be drilled differently??

Because that's the way Winchester made them. Winchester makes a long and a short action. Of the long actions they make two versions, the standard version that they use for 30-06, 270, 7mm rem mag, 300 win mag etc. which uses a magazine box that'll accept a 3.34" OAL round, the rear bridge hole spacing is .860" on these models. The other version of the long action is commonly called the "express" version and has the rear bridge milled further to the rear for a larger ejection port opening. It has a magazine box that will accept a 3.60" round. It has been used for full length magnums like the 7mm stw, 375 H&H, 300 Wby, & 300 RUM. The rear hole spacing on that action is .330" so it requires different mounts. If you use a rail the profile is the same but the rear holes have to be drilled differently because the spacing is .330" instead of .860".

Also , a 375 H&H is not the same length as your 300 win mag. A 375 case is 2.86" and a 300WM is 2.62". The loaded rounds max Length is 3.600" for the H&H & 3.34" for the 300 win mag.

Also , a 375 H&H is not the same length as your 300 win mag. A 375 case is 2.86" and a 300WM is 2.62". The loaded rounds max Length is 3.600" for the H&H & 3.34" for the 300 win mag.

And they BOTH cycle thru the same length action.
Strange that the Win catalog doesnt list a diff action for the .375 and up rounds???

And they BOTH cycle thru the same length action.
Strange that the Win catalog doesnt list a diff action for the .375 and up rounds???

Jesus man, they're different. I've got multiple ones in my safe. Go find a later model .375 H&H & a .300 win mag, it'll be immediately obvious what I'm talking about. You're trying to argue something you don't understand.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.