2017 Antelope

jayran

IMG_9597.JPG
Here is my wife's az antelope 450 yards with our 284 winchester 168gr berger

The 168 berger has been mostly predictable on performance past 300 yards on deer and antelope. It destroys alot of meat if you hit shoulder bone area, and if you hit them in the ribs it leaves a baseball sized exit hole and turns their cavity into soup. This buck was quartering away and she hit him in the elbow and it exited his briskett leaving a softball sized hole. We walked up to a hundred and she finished him off in the ribs

IMG_0708.JPG
This is my Wyoming buck from last month. 640 yards and i got it on video but Im not able to upload it for some reason. This buck was bedded quartering to me and I hit him in the neck and it exited his shoulder. Flopped him over like a grocery sack. Same gun

I'm in the SE so I don't know antelope too well, but aren't those both huge bucks?? Like the equivalent of a 20 Point or something along those lines?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.