2014 Remington 700 Long Range

Ruger Phoenix

I was on Remington's web site and I see they have a new Model 700. It's called the 700 Long Range. Can anyone tell me what type of floor plate it has? I want to know if it's metal, aluminum, synthetic, etc. I can't find this info anywhere. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

My brother got one in 25-06. I will ask him and let you know. Unless someone else beats me to it.

Ruger, finally got my brother to look and he said it is the same aluminum that is on most 700s like on the Sps models. The long range was actually called the 700 Sps long range at first. Then they change the stock to the Bell & Carlson instead of the Sps stock and simply called it the 700 long range. Hope this helps.

Logan 197. Thanks for the info. It helped a lot. I was told that Remington had recalled all new model 700's because of a faulty trigger so let your brother know.

Yeah I already dropped a Timney in for him so not an issue. But thanks for a heads up.

Yeah I already dropped a Timney in for him so not an issue. But thanks for a heads up.

Take the Timney out and replace it with a Jewell. Two friends of mine have had Timeny triggers fail. For one of them, he sent the trigger back to Timeny for repair. Not long after getting it back, it failed again.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.