180 berger COAL

mk443

I'm putting together my first custom STW! I have a factory weatherby mark V and remington SS KS and both shoot the 168 berger VLD very well. The 168's are filling the mag boxes to the max. I'm having RW Snyder put together my first custom STW on a early 700 action and I'm going to run the 180 berger's with a 27-28 inch 1-9 barrel. My gamescout edge fill will be here within a month or two. I'm going with a Wyatt extended box and I was wondering what your guys COAL is that are running the STW with the 180's?

I can either go with the box that will let me run 3.82ish or go for the 4" box. The 4" box requires the same work as the 3.82 with the added work of the ejection port. I don't mind going with the 4" but if most of you are not having any problems with the 3.82, than I'll keep it simple.

Thanks in advance,

Mitch

3.85. Wyatts mag box to shoot those bullet right. If you have a standard box,3.65 round about, you have to seat them a little deeper than what you should.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.