101 water filled jugs

Ringman

Here, my .com friends is some fun reading. There might even be some good info scattered here and there.

101 water filled milk jugs were blasted. Valid or not, it was fun. I got the idea from Cliff who does one or two occationally. I decided to spend the whole day doing it.

The following came from Cliff's info. The 25-06 Improved launched a 100 Barnes X at 3,600 and stopped in the sixth water jug. Its weight was 82 grains. From the same rifle shooting the same load into a five point bull elk, the recovered bullet weighed 82 grains. It entered the left part of the south end of the north bound elk and was found in front of the right shoulder.

Following are the results from Saturday June 25, 2005 of the one gallon milk jugs filled with water.
>
> .224 60 grain Nosler Partition at 3407. In the sixth jug, but damaged the
> skin of the seventh. Weighed 44 grains.
> .224 70 Spear 3438 in the 3rd. Shot again. Same thing. Weighed about 12
> grains in flat disc shape.
>
> .308 180 Nosler Partition 3,112 punctured the skin in the back of the
> sixth. Weight is 119 grains.
> .308 150 Barnes X 3,458 in the sixth. 112 grains.
>
> 7MM 140 Nosler Partition 3,591 out the back side of the fifth next one was
> in the sixth. 92 grains.
> 7MM 130 G.S.Custom 3,642 in the sixth down presure broke one of the legs.
> 88 grains.
> Put the stand on some 4X4's on the ground.
>
> .454 Casull 260 Freedom Arms 1,925 out the back side eighth. Shot again
> out the back side of ninth and damaged the side of the tenth. First five
> jugs were destroyed. Will use this on my bison hunt in November, if the
> Lord wills. (The Lord didn't will. I lost my job.)
>
> .375 300 Nosler Partition 2,925 in the seventh. Will take this as back up
> on the bison hunt. One weighed 232 the other 204.
> .375 260 Nosler Partition 2,976 in seventh weighed 190
> .375 260 Nosler Balistic Tip 2,982 in the sixth weighed 160
>
> .375 265 G.S. Custom 3,044 out the back side of the seventh. laying
> between the seventh and eighth. weighed 196 This one broke the new Doug
> Fir 2X6 which was purchased for this project. It produced a spectacular photo. The jugs behind the whiteness of the first few are all in a row with a little water squirting out the top. What makes it so fun is the 2X6 is gone! It was blasted downward by the water trying to get away from the "wound channel". I don't have anymore or they would be going on the buffalo hunt.

John Lachuck (photoed every shot), John Ludden (son-in-law) read the Oehler 33 and yours truly shooting big stuff with out getting thumped.

What was the 375 Cartridge and what rifle was it shot with.

Pretty impressive velocities. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Roy in Idaho,

The case is a .416 Rem Mag necked to .375. The rifle is a, don't laugh, 28" K14 Klienguenther.

Just a note on the 224 bullets. I have shot deer with both and the nosler partition did not exit on a 40 yds shot from a 225Win on a spike whitetail buck. The Speer passed through a fork horn at 100yds with very little damage to the deer and not much blood trail to follow- good thing the ground was soft so I could follw the tracks.

I think some people are really good at shooting deer with the 224 caliber but I am not or else just had bad luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.